The soil at Central Wisconsin Sod farm is perfect for growing healthy sod with a vigorous root system. Soil analysis results include:
- Kentucky bluegrass, fine fescue, and creeping bentgrass grown on soil having approximately 88% sand
- Infiltration rate is approximately 2-3 inches per hour at a saturated state.
- Material is very well-drained when compared to other mineral-type soils used for sod production.
- Material contains considerably less organic matter than peat-based soils used for sod production.
- Sod harvested from this soil with the minimum amount of soil necessary would be better suited for applications over sand based root zones when compared to mineral or peat-based soils.
Contact us to request more detailed specifications for our fields.