Sod-faced bunker made from our fescue blend sod
When golf course superintendents need sod, Robert Heath Farms is who they turn to. Our sod, grown on 85-90% sand, is exactly what golf courses are looking for.
The sod is grown on irrigated sand. This provides excellent drainage, which is critical to golf courses that want no down time after heavy rains. The sand base allows players to return to the course much sooner than sods with heavy organic matter.
Our customers can count on us for all their turf needs, including:
- Premium Sod Kentucky Bluegrass Blend
- Alpha Creeping Bentgrass
- Penncross Creeping Bentgrass
- T-1 Creeping Bentgrass
- 100% Chewings Fine Fescue Blend
- Bluegrass grown on sandy loam soil.
- Creeping Bentgrass grown on sands that meet USGA specifications.
- Infiltration rate of both of these samples is approximately 2-3 inches per hour at a saturated state.
- Material meets USGA specifications for Sand based Root zone Mixes.
- Material is very well drained when compared to other mineral type soils used for sod production.
- Material contains considerably less organic matter than peat based soils used for sod production.
- Sod harvested from this soil with the minimum amount of soil necessary would be better suited for applications over sand based root zones when compared to mineral or peat based soils.