Sports Field Project Album
Robert Heath Farms & Central Wisconsin Sod & Landscaping has provided sod for some very selective clientele, including the Minnesota Vikings and the University of Notre Dame, the Milwaukee Brewers and the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers. Our sand-based sod, which provides superb drainage, is the key reason organizations are asking for us by name.
The soil at Central Wisconsin Sod farm is perfect for growing healthy sod with a vigorous root system.
Soil analysis results follow:
- Bluegrass grown on sandy loam soil.
- Creeping Bentgrass grown on sands that meet USGA specifications.
- Infiltration rate of both of these samples is approximately 2-3 inches per hour at a saturated state.
- Material meets USGA specifications for Sand based Root zone Mixes.
- Material is very well drained when compared to other mineral type soils used for sod production.
- Material contains considerably less organic matter than peat based soils used for sod production.
- Sod harvested from this soil with the minimum amount of soil necessary would be better suited for applications over sand based root zones when compared to mineral or peat based soils.
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stadium - Appleton, Wisconsin
Contact our office for more detailed specifications for each field.